Marc A. Brown
As of May 1, 2017, Marc Brown will join the law firm of LeClair Ryan. His new contact information will be as follows:
2318 Mill Road, Suite 1100
Alexandria, VA 22314
Marc was born in Washington, DC in 1970. He was admitted to the Virginia Bar in 1997 and the District of Columbia Bar 1998. Marc obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1992 from Hampden-Sydney College and his Juris Doctorate in 1997 from Ohio Northern University. While in law school Marc was a member of the Jessup Moot Court Team and went on to become the Chief Justice of the Moot Court Program. He was also inducted into the Order of the Barristers in his third year of law school.
Marc is a member of the Virginia Bar Association, D.C. Bar Association, D.C. Defense Lawyers Association, and the Virginia Association of Defense Attorney, where he has served as co-chair and chair of the Medical Malpractice Section. Marc specializes in medical and dental malpractice and personal injury defense litigation. He enjoys playing both baseball and basketball in his spare time.
Admitted to Practice Before:
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- District of Columbia Superior Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the D. C. Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- The United States Supreme Court
Other Honors and Activities:
- Fairfax Young Lawyers Association – Board of Directors
- Super Lawyers, Virginia Rising Star (top 2.5% of attorneys in Virginia age 40 and under) 2006, 2007
- SBA (Student Bar Association Representative) – Elected Position to Vote on and Administer Student Programs and Funds. Appointed To SBA Board To Oversee all SBA Meetings and Business
- Member of the Jessup International Law Moot Court Travel Team
- Chief Justice of the Ohio Northern University Moot Court Program 1996-1997 – Paid Position Overseeing Entire Moot Court Program and Administering $30,000 Budget.
- Inducted into the Order of the Barristers 1997
- Fairfax Young Lawyers Association – Board of Directors – 1998-2000
- Super Lawyers, Virginia Rising Stars (top 2.5% of attorneys in Virginia age 40 and under) 2006, 2007.
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubble 2012-Present
- Vice-Chairman of Medical Malpractice Section of the VADA (Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys) 2011-2012 (Helped Organize Two Annual Continuing Legal Education Seminars and Helped With Legal Writing Submission For Medical Malpractice Section for The VA Journal of Civil Litigation).
- Chairman of Medical Malpractice Section of the VADA (Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys) 2012-2013 (Organized Two Continuing Legal Education Seminars and Chose Topic For and Oversaw Writing of Submission For Medical Malpractice Section for The VA Journal of Civil Litigation).
- Consistently included in largest Defense Victories of the year in The Virginia Lawyers Weekly