Andrew J. Spence
As of May 1, 2017, Andrew Spence will join the law firm of Gleason, Flynn, Emig, Fogleman & McAfee. His new contact information will be as follows:
Gleason, Flynn, Emig, Fogleman & McAfee
11 North Washington Street, Suite 400
Rockville, MD 20850
Andy is a partner in the firm. Andy was born in Baltimore, Maryland. He graduated from Hamilton College in 1984, and he obtained his law degree from The George Washington University in 1988. Andy specializes in the defense of physicians and health care providers in medical malpractice cases. He has tried many cases in the District of Columbia and Maryland courts. He has also defended health care providers in formal hearings before state regulatory boards. In addition, Andy handles appellate matters, and he has considerable experience before the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. Andy has also served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at The George Washington University Law School.
Apart from the practice of law, Andy has been involved in various civic activities. He is a past co-Chair of the Kiwanis Orthopedic Clinic Committee of the Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C. Andy is also an avid fly fisherman, and he has served as the president of the National Capital Chapter of Trout Unlimited. Andy resides in Bethesda, Maryland with his wife and son.
Admitted to Practice Before:
- Court of Appeals of Maryland;
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals;
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia;
- United States District Court for District of Maryland.
Other Honors and Activities:
- Martindale-Hubbell Rated AV Preeminent In Legal Ability & Ethical Standards 2006 – Present.
Representative Appellate Cases:
- Berkow v. Lucy Webb Hayes, 841 A.2d 776 (D.C. 2004)
- Coulter v. Gerald Family Care, 964 A.2d 170 (D.C. 2009)
- Harris v. Omelon, 985 A.2d 1103 (D.C. 2009)
- Cardenas v. Muangman, 998 A.2d 303 (D.C. 2010)
- Mody v. Center For Women’s Health, 998 A.2d 327 (D.C. 2010)
- French v. Levitt, 997 A.2d 701 (D.C. 2010)
- Savage v. Burgess, 71 A.3d 718 (D.C. 2013)